Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thanks for coming...now GET OUT!

So, yeah. This is my last post on this blog. My original purpose of this blog was to write about the radio business. While I still have opinions on this industry, I simply don't have the time to sit down and write posts about it anymore. Most of my spare time these days is taken up by my beautiful wife and kids.

The rest of my energy is devoted to my fledgling voice over business. In fact, I recently created my own website as a sort of store front. I invite you to check out http://scottselva.com and, you know, hire me for all of your voice over needs. And it's OK if you use cliche copy such as "for all of your ______ needs."

If I can do my best Jerry Springer for just a moment, I'd like to leave you with some final thoughts about radio. I believe that the future is bright. It's a time for change, and I'm excited about what radio will become in the next 5 years. Radio will face its most dramatic shift since the fall of shows like "Little Orphan Annie" and "Amos 'n' Andy," and the rise of all-music formats. Nobody with half a brain thinks that radio can keep doing the same thing we've been doing for decades and hope to survive. There are some great minds working from the outside such as Mark Ramsey and Fred Jacobs who really seem to have a grasp on what radio needs to do. Godspeed to those guys and good luck getting their ideas heard in the boardrooms. I'm looking forward to the new ideas that will be introduced by the next generation of radio executives.

I hope to be a part of it.

No comments: